An efficient data exchange between different trades and software systems e.g. with external planning offices, master computers in the plant, ERP- and logistic systems in terms of Open BIM has long been a matter of fact in precast plants.
Therefore, we have been actively involved in the “BIM in Precast Parts Construction” initiative since 2011, a specialist group within the deutscher Bundesverband Bausysteme e.V., in order to develop standards and processes for the industry.
The goals include the following points:
- Transferring data more simply and without loss between the construction participants
- increasing the quality during the process
- exchanging information more easily between different software systems with our interfaces
- incurring lower costs due to fewer errors
- achieving higher delivery reliability through improved planning