BIM software is an integral part of modern building design. Learn more about the software and its application areas!
The abbreviation BIM stands by definition for Building Information Modeling. This means that the design, execution and management of buildings is carried out efficiently and modularly over the entire life cycle using BIM software. BIM software solutions are used in construction, building design, and facility management.
In the construction industry, drawings now have to face completely different requirements than before: they have to be coordinated on the one hand with many different players - authorities, engineers, experts and other project partners. On the other hand, any small change can have a great impact on the plan and the cost of the construction project, whereby the reconciliation process has to start all over again. The use of BIM software can significantly simplify this process.
When using BIM software, changes are made directly to the model, which can be used to visualize conflicts with existing plans of other trades as well as to automatically adjust dimensions, number of pieces and other values. For example, if a new wall is planned with an additional window (BIM architecture model), it is not only checked whether an installation pipe is located in front of the window (BIM-MEP model) but also the number of windows in the building is updated. This allows the calculation to be updated and brought to its final state.
With BIM software, the idea of "digital first" is consistently implemented: buildings are designed as models in the computer before erection. These models are, however, not purely geometric models or 3D representations as before. What is more, additional useful data such as costs per item, special characteristics, delivery times, sequences, responsibilities etc. are also anchored in the model plan. This is also one of the characteristics of BIM software: the model plan thus becomes the central, cooperative point of reference for all trades involved in construction or design - as already mentioned: minor changes can affect many areas. With its central data base, BIM software provides up-to-date information on the building to all project participants. Access is available from anywhere, anytime. You can already see from the few points mentioned above that with the acquisition of BIM software also a rethinking of the existing structure has to take place – but it is a rethinking, which pays off!
- construction companies
- building and structural engineers
- prefabricated concrete parts planner
- electrical consultants
- maintenance technicians
- and many more
- BIM Software can be used in all "phases" of building design and administration - once the planned building has been erected, BIM models can also be of great value in operation, and can be adapted directly in the event of any modification.
- In many countries, e.g. Singapore, the UK or the Netherlands, BIM has already become standard. In more and more countries, projects are only being issued or awarded on the basis of BIM models, especially in the public sector.
- The use of the BIM Software is efficient: it saves time as well as valuable resources and minimizes subsequent modification efforts.
- BIM Software also facilitates communication between project participants. All parties have access to the same model data.
- Due to BIM Software or internationally standardized file formats (IFC) respectively, data can be exchanged quickly and the model data are therefore always up to date.
As a globally active solution provider for the precast parts industry, we support you from the initial cost estimation to design, production and assembly. Consequently, our software solutions play a decisive role in the BIM process.
What does our BIM-Software offer?
- SalesManager: Our solution for model-based quantity and mass calculation on the basis of PLANBAR - all without CAD knowledge.
- PLANBAR: The Precast Design Tool, which supports you optimally with precast parts design in any complexity.
- TIM: The Technical Information Manager, which sustainably optimises your processes as an information and integration platform.
- mTIM: The TIM app, which makes the building model mobile.